Otovo’s mission is to put solar panels and batteries in every European home by creating the easiest and most affordable way to go solar. We connect consumers who want solar panels or batteries with installer companies looking to fill orders through our marketplace.
Established in 2016, Otovo has rapidly scaled its marketplace beyond the Nordics and operates in seven countries: Norway, Sweden, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, and Germany. In addition, Otovo’s software platform runs Holu, a Brazilian marketplace partially owned by Otovo. Otovo is expanding to six new countries in 2022.
Otovo is headquartered in Oslo and listed on Euronext Growth, with a mandate to uplist to the main list on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
About your role:
Due to solid growth Otovo has determined to establish a new shared services hub in Madrid, which will cover operations, accounting, and other central roles for some of the Group’s country units across 13 European markets. We have very high ambitions for our shared services hub. Accordingly, Otovo seeks a Head of Shared Services to join the Group’s Operations team and help us build and scale up the hub.
The Head of Shared Services will lead the shared service hub and report directly to the CFO of Otovo (located in Norway). As Head of Shared Services, you will be essential in scaling up Otovo, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to developing the Group's business operations. In addition, you will be a close partner for country heads in the markets you will serve.
The position requires someone that has an entrepreneurial spirit and feels comfortable working independently, at times, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Responsible for developing, driving, and managing stakeholder management by providing best-in-class customer experience to both our internal stakeholders (the various Otovo subsidiaries) and external stakeholders (consumers)
- Create, monitor, and develop SLAs to align expectations and deliverables between markets and hub
- Drive productivity with process improvement and optimization initiatives across the group using the hub by leveraging, e.g., processes, systems, and services-culture.
- Handle operational matters aligned with policies for the shared services hub
- Personnel responsibility for the operational team in the hub, including functions as customer services, and sales support.
- The work includes day-to-day management, functional training, and mentoring of the customer service and sales support teams.
- Drive culture-building in the hub
- Act as a daily point of contact for employees in the hub and supervise follow-up of all units with dotted lines reporting in the hub as Accounting. In addition, we have ambitious goals to add new roles/ functions as we grow within Marketing and Software Development.
- Office management to ensure the hub has all required facilities and is nicely represented.
- Supervise HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, and team & culture development for all other teams sitting in the hub
- An essential component of the role will be a close collaboration with other central functions and markets to develop cross-functional processes and structures that improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, resourcefulness, and out-of-the-box thinking
- Solving problems in a highly analytic, structured, and strategic manner
- High emotional intelligence with compassion to follow up and lead employees in the hub with care and trust.
- Strong relationship-builder and team player able to connect, partner, and work with our General Managers leading the country units across Europe
- Fluent Spanish and English speaker; any other language is a plus
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a startup/scale-up is highly sought after
- Experience setting up SLAs/shared services or efficiency programs is a plus
- Previous experience working in an international company, ideally with international operations, would be seen as positive
- Customer service and/or operations experience a plus; should have managed teams in the past
- Passion for managing and developing talent as you will lead a young, dynamic, and growing tea
- An ability to challenge and manage pushbacks from senior leaders across Otovo
- Experience from a scale up
What we offer:
- Be part of our mission to put solar panels on every roof and batteries in every home in Europe
- A central role in a Group in solid growth
- Steep learning curve and professional growth opportunities
- An international, committed, young and sociable work environment
- Competitive salary and potential equity incentives
- Centrally located office, easily accessible, in the Chamberí area of Madrid.
There's no time like now—help us make the world transition to renewable energy and submit your application today!
Please submit a cover letter and CV in English.