As one of Europe's fastest growing greentech start-ups, we're determined to make our dream of bringing local and clean energy to every home a reality.
Otovo provides solar panels to homeowners and we use software and technology to make solar energy easy, cheap, and available everywhere.
- We make solar easy by providing tailored offers to customers visiting our website who thenenter their address details. With our unique technology at the core of our business we have removed the need for a home visit and can offer tailored offers to all customers visiting our website.
- We make solar cheap by providing a platform where installers compete on price and quality to get assignments.
- We make solar available everywhere by quickly expanding our platform to new markets all over the world.
- We make solar more accessible by offering a leasing product, splitting the cost of the system over 20 years
We have come a long way since launching in 2016—we're now in Norway, Sweden, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, Germany, UK, Portugal, and Austria and we aren’t stopping.
About your role
You will be in charge of localizing and implementing the global SEO strategy in the United Kingdom. Your primary task will be to increase our awareness and create preference for the Otovo brand in the United Kingdom. You are a creative storyteller, you love creating content, and you also have strong knowledge of on page, off page and technical SEO. In your role as SEO Specialist you will continuously work on optimizing our content as well as monitoring and improving our online presence.
Additionally, you will be the PR liaison for the UK, working together with the local PR agency, the General Manager and the VP Global Communications to ensure efficient and effective communications to the public and press.
Together with our Global Head of SEO and your local Marketing Manager you will set KPIs, analyse results and take actions. We are a growing international team and you will benefit from a highly experienced global network who are all happy to share ideas and work together to achieve our common goal of getting as many solar systems on as many roofs as possible.
You will be responsible for increasing our awareness and creating preference for the Otovo brand in UK, through:
- Planning, implementing and managing our SEO strategy in the UK, increasing organic traffic as well as the conversion rate through this channel
- Tackle all SEO branches: on site, off site, content, technical
- Developing and managing creative content for local PR and the Otovo website
- Liaise with local PR agency and global VP Communications
- Setting up new and manage existing landing pages and blog posts
- Ensure the correct technical background of the UK website to optimise visits and conversion
- Track and report results
To be successful in this role:
- Must be a native English speaker
- Currently based in London and able to work from our offices near Kings Cross
- Higher education, preferred in marketing or communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of marketing, communication, SEO and social media experience. Preferably both in-house and agency.
- Knowledge of SEO tools such as: Semrush, Ahrefs, Search Console, Analytics, Tag Manager
- You are excellent at generating engaging content and GA analysis
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strategic mindset to be able to participate in the creation of, and execution of marketing strategies and annual campaign plans
- Capable of conducting keyword researches, competitive analysis, audits and content strategies
- Capable of carrying out a link building strategy
- Strong collaboration skills - we're a closely knit team where everyone pitches in and helps out when needed.
- You are a do-er and a team player; you see the company mission and want to do your part to help in this through your role but also however else you can pitch in. You love to see results and this is rewarding to you.
We would love it if you also have this:
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools like Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Semrush, Hotjar and Ahrefs.
- Some knowledge of CRM tools like Hubspot
- Familiarity with Sanity, Ghost or other content management systems
- Experience in Conversion Rate Optimization
- Interest in or curiosity about renewables, specifically solar, is helpful
What's in it for you?
You'll get to be part of our journey. We learn fast and encourage bold attempts and risky experiments: Otovo is a puzzle to work on and a riddle to solve. If you like that, you'll like it here.
We enjoy being together in the office near Kings Cross.
Here's some more of what we offer:
- More solar panels → less global warming. You have a chance to make a meaningful contribution to the world.
- You'll work with enthusiastic colleagues across Europe; passionate for their fields and eager to learn.
- A lot of flexibility when it comes to working hours
- Five additional holiday days (25 in total) on top of the statutory 20 and bank holidays
Update your CV and submit your application to us. If we think you could be a good fit, we will start an interview process that looks like this:
- First interview - informal first meeting with potential future colleagues
- Case interview - working on one or two realistic problems and present them in a short meeting to marketing colleagues
- Third interview - if you reach this stage, we will discuss more about your role in Otovo.
The full process should take approximately two weeks.
There's no time like now—help us make the world transition to renewable energy and submit your application today! 🌅