As one of Europe's fastest-growing green tech start-ups, we're determined to make our dream of bringing local and clean energy to every home a reality.
Otovo is the European marketplace that connects consumers wanting to add batteries or solar panels to their homes with installer companies looking to fill their order book with projects. Otovo's mission is to put solar panels and batteries in every European home, and by using software and technology we are able to make solar energy easy, cheap and available everywhere.
Founded in 2016, Otovo has rapidly scaled its platform beyond the Nordics, and it is currently operating in 10 countries: Norway, Sweden, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal and the United Kingdom. In addition, Otovo's software platform runs Holu, a Brazilian marketplace partially owned by Otovo.
We have come a long way, but won't stop until there's local and clean energy in every home - and we need your help!
Your team, the Insights team, is new and the owner of data stack (including business intelligence), machine learning use cases as well as development and maintenance of the Otovo mobile app. Per today the team is built up by one Product Manager and five engineers, and we would love to have you on our team if you check the must-haves (maybe also the Nice to haves?!), and identify with our thoughts on ideal personal traits.
- Experience in data analytics or related quantitative field; understand the basics of data analysis, data manipulation, and seeing the relationships between different data entities
- Strong with data visualization - knowing how to use the appropriate data to convey the required insights
- Confident in cleaning, aggregating and joining large volumes of data. Practical experience with SQL is important - we use Looker and its LookML modeling layer extensively, so if you know that too it's a bonus (but not required)
- Understanding of relational database design and basic data warehousing concepts
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities, including ad hoc requests
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively use communication tools to work within a team that work remotely
Nice to haves:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, must be able to explain data and dashboards to an audience with a variety of technical skills
- At least some experience with Python scripting with pandas or similar library
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system preferred
- Experience with any part of our data stack: Stitch, Python, Airflow/Prefect, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, dbt, Looker, Google Analytics, Hubspot and Git
- LookML Developer Certification, a big plus
Who we think you are:
We think you have experience developing solid and scalable software architecture, and that you pride yourself on being:
- Ambitious and consistently looking to improve the way you work.
- Mindset to continuously learn and develop
- A team player that’s not afraid to make mistakes, ask for help or suggest solutions.
- Self-driven, a person that takes ownership of your tasks.
- Committed to writing clean code of high quality.
- Pragmatic and able to deliver fast when needed to, and your solutions are built to last.
What do we offer?
You get to be part of Otovo’s exciting journey! As a company, we still have much left to learn and figure out. Describing us can be difficult but we can say Otovo is a puzzle to figure out and a riddle to solve, if that sounds like something you would like, we think you will like it here. And here’s some more of what we offer:
- A chance to be part of a success story with a positive impact on the planet!More solar panels = less global warming.
- Competitive base salary and attractive annual bonus scheme.+Great pension and insurance coverage.
- Colleagues that are committed, enthusiastic, passionate, and friendly.
- A learning and dynamic work environment - you’ll learn a lot!
- Free lunch at the office, or head out into Oslo’s main food street for variety.
- We take care of your internet and phone bills - no more slow access at home.
- Hardware budget where you're free to pick your own gear.
- You will have a lot of flexibility when it comes to working hours and place.
- If you want to relocate to Norway, we'll help you out.
There's no time like now—help us make the world transition to renewable energy and submit your application today!